Functions of the Department
Cash Book maintain , Preparing salaries,preparing invoices,recording sales in the sales journal,controlling the petty cash flow,controling the petty cash book,making payments to creditors,following up with the debtors,Prepare monthly abstract ,Prepare quarterly abstract ,Prepare Half yearly abstract, Prepare 3rd Quarterly abstract, Prepare Yearly abstract, Maintaining the accounts of the ULB in regard to payment and receipts.Accounts Deparment also responsible for
- Making payment on account of Municipal Funds.
- Making payment of Salary and pension of the Municipality employees.
- To prepare the annual administration report and statement of accounts.
- To Keep the record All type of municipality monetary transaction.
- To Make Income & Exp. statement for the every financial Year.
- Estimate Income & Exp. statement for the next financial.
- Make payment of The total wages and salaries earned by every employee every pay period, and keep all the wages and salaries related records.
- All cash received from all other sources has to be carefully identified and recorded, not only in the cash account but also in the appropriate account for the source of the cash received. The accounting department makes sure that the cash is deposited in the appropriate checking accounts.
- In addition to payroll checks, a business writes many other checks during the course of a year — to pay for a wide variety of purchases.
- The accounting department prepares all these checks for the signatures of the Chairman who are authorized to sign checks. The accounting department keeps all the supporting business documents and files to know when the checks should be paid, makes sure that the amount to be paid is correct, and forwards the checks for signature.
- In addition to payroll checks, Accounts Dept have to pay for a wide variety of purchases through out the year.
- Accounting departments usually are responsible for keeping track of all purchase orders that have been placed different departments in the municipality and all services related to purchase . A municipality makes many purchases during the course of a year, many of them on credit, which means that the items bought are received today but paid for later. So this area of responsibility includes keeping files on all liabilities that arise from purchases on credit so that cash payments can be processed on time.