Education & Mid Day Meal
Functions of the Department
- Keeping record of SSA fund granted in favour of different schools.
- Maintaining the files and disbursement of benefit of NFBS, NOAPS (NSAP).
- Maintaining the files of BPL, Annapurna, Antaday benefit, Files related to PDS.
- Maintaining the files of SSK, SSA, ILCS, Right to Information Act, Literacy, Mid-Day Meal etc.
- To arrange and manage Relief etc.
- Improving the nutritional status of children in Classes I-V in Government, Local Body and Government aided Primary schools.
- Encouraging poor children, belonging to disadvantaged sections, to attend school more regularly and help them concentrate on classroom activities.
- Providing nutritional support to children of primary stage which is very useful to improve the status of child health in the locality.
Midnapore Municipality adds relevance and urgency to the launching of the cooked Mid-day Meal Programme in the primary schooling institutions. This is very Important in itself, because of the role of school feeding for health and nutrition, the programme can also be a very important input towards the strengthening of the public delivery of primary education.
Incontrovertible it is that the cooked Mid-day Meal Programme (which is basically a School-meal Programme ) does exert a positive in the primary schooling institutions, particularly on the enhancing of enrolment and attendance of the children and eliminating classroom-hunger to a substantial level. And it also helps avert severe under nutrition among many of the children, particularly of the socially and economically underprivileged communities. In addition, this helps the children in their learning achievements, to a certain extent. Not only in the developing countries, the school meal programme has proved to be very beneficial in the developed countries as well, and there is more in demand to expand and improve the programme in our vicinity.